Data Protection Policy/Statement
Data Protection Act 1998
Chesterfield Ladies Football Club is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information about our members with only be processed in line with established regulations. Personal data will be collected, recorded and used fairly, stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully. As the lawful and correct treatment of personal information is critical to our successful operations and to maintaining confidence, Chesterfield Ladies Football Club is committed to:
- Protecting members personal details and records
- Keeping members and other individual's personal data up to date and confidential
- Maintaining personal data only for the time period required
- Releasing personal data only to authorised individuals/parties and not unless permission is given to do so.
- Collecting accurate and relevant data only for specified lawful purposes
- Adhering to regulations and related procedures to ensure that all members who have access to any personal data held by or on behalf of Chesterfield Ladies Football Club are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Fair Processing Code
- Persons supplying personal data to be held by the Club must be made aware of the purposes for which it is to be held and used. Only personal data that is really needed should be obtained.
- Where the club seeks personal data, they should ensure that the person from whom the information is requested knows the purpose for which the information is required, including any non-obvious but possible use (for example as part of promotional material or as a feature on the Club website).
- Access to personal data will be restricted to authorised individuals nominated by the Club Committee.
- It follows that authorised individuals using information provided by the Club, can only do so in connection with their work with the Club.
- Such individuals will have been subject to the Clubs vetting systems and will have a responsibility to ensure that the information is retained securely and used appropriately.
- No disclosure of personal data must be made to another party without the express authority of the Clubs Committee.
- Any member wishing to make a complaint in relation to the unlawful treatment of personal data must do so via the Chesterfield Ladies Football Club Management Committee.