Health and Safety Policy
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Chesterfield Ladies Football Club is committed to a safe environment for all players, coaches and volunteers. It will promote standards of health, safety and welfare within football and will ensure compliance with all relevant statutory provisions. The Club will ensure that suitable and sufficient risk assessments are carried out, that procedures and safe systems are implemented in accordance with all current statutory provisions and that all reasonable and practicable measures are taken to avoid risk. Safe practices will be adopted and continuous improvement will be sought through regular audits and reviews.
Appropriate instruction and training will be provided together with adequate resources to ensure that the successful management of health and safety is carried out within the Club and that this policy is collectively implemented. This policy together with arrangements and procedures will be reviewed regularly and revised and updated as necessary.
Health & Safety Policy
To support our Health & Safety Policy statement we are committed to the following duties:-
- Undertake regular risk assessment of the premises the club use and all activities undertaken by the club.
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of training and competition by regularly assessing individual ability dependent on age, maturity and development.
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health & safety policy.
- Appoint a competent club member to assist with health and safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members.
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities, telephone and qualified first aider at all times.
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises (during the time of training or matches).
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
As a Chesterfield Ladies Football Club Manager/coach you have a duty to:
- Take reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.
- Co-operate with the club on health & safety issues
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the club
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare,
- Complete a full risk assessment of your training ground/premises
Chesterfield Ladies Football Club Management Committee is responsible for Health & Safety:
- All Managers/coaches are qualified first aiders.
- First Aid bag MUST be carried by the coach to every team game and training session.
Signed .......Keith Jackson......................................................... Chairman
.......Steph Storey........................................................... Welfare Officer
Date agreed 4st April 2017
Review date 1st September 2017